My Blog List

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Twitter: Discussion

Twitter discussion is much different than any other websites I have used for socializing. I did not know how to navigate to what I wanted to do. I think its difficult for everyone when they are using a new site for the first time because you don't know where anything is and most importantly, you don't know what the site allows you to do and limits you.
Twitter is much different than an in class discussion. In classt you can actually see the person and interact with them face to face, which provides a benefit. In twitter it is much more difficult to follow a conversation because when you reply to someones tweet, it does not come up under that persons original tweet. everything you post gets posted under your wall and its hard to figure out to who's post you are reply and to which one. Twitter also differs from the Bb Discussion Board. although they both allow users to interact, BB allows one to post longer discussions. That makes it easier for users to interact because it dot not limit the users to sharing what is on thier mind.
I personally did not like twitter before I signed up for it, and I still do not like it now. It is annoying to have all of my tweets under my name when I feel that they should rather be under the tweet that I replied. Also, people who use twitter use it to put their life on display, and I have better things to do than read about how someone loves the weather or is running late to class.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you on having better things to do than reading about someone loving the weather. As well as the part on the difference of twitter replies and BB discussion board replies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first glance I thought that twitter would be simple to use. The interface was appealing, though a bit simplistic. Unfortunately my experience was similar to yours and I felt annoyed and distraught.

    Rather than just following your friends, try looking up people or companies that interest you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I felt the same way you did about twitter but now I find it very useful. I think its cool to be informed on breaking news as it happens. Twitter helps me to stay informed on the world around me.

    ReplyDelete